Timeline of Man Publications
Buffalo Springs Rd
New Braunfels, Texas 78132
Phone: 830 822 5048
Worksheets provide the student with thought-provoking questions which press him/her to analyze each worldview from the perspective of the scriptures. Supplemental
reading provides detailed information on each worldview, giving students the opportunity to acquire a deeper understanding of topic matter.
Graphs and scoresheets are created using statitstics from CIA World Factbook and FreedomHouse.org. The curriculum concludes with summaries and analysis based on score marks for each religion, government type, and nation.
How does one discern from which tree they are being fed? Do you feast on God's truth from the Tree of Life? Or do you dine from the tree of knowledge?
You MIGHT be surprised! Because the tree of knowledge often sounds pretty good. But that tree is where the world's version of religion comes from...and that tree leads only to destruction.
1. The Trinity: We believe there is only one God, and that He expresses Himself through three persons: God the
Father (Creator), God the Son (Jesus, Savior), and God the Holy Spirit (the indwelling power of God in the believer’s life).
2. The Incarnation: Jesus was both God and man. As God, he chose to humble himself, become a human, and live among us. He was fully human, and also fully divine.
3. Sin and Atonement: Sin separates us from God. We have no way to make amends, or to reach out to Him. But God reached out to lost sinners by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. When He died, He paid the penalty for sin (satisfying a just God), and destroyed the power of sin to keep us apart from God.
4. Simple faith in Christ is the most important act of a Christian’s life. Regardless of denominational differences, faith in the faithfulness and loving kindness of God is central to all and will help the believer triumph over all adversity—including sin and death.
Although this curriculum is written from a Protestant worldview, it is not our contention that only Protestants will enter heaven. Indeed, it is our view that anyone who believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for our sins, and accepts Him as Savior and Lord would qualify. God alone has the complete list. I believe my name is there. I hope sincerely that yours is too!
1 . All people are guilty. We were created to have fellowship with God, but either by active rebellion or apathy, we have each chosen our own way, thus breaking trust (and fellowship) with God.
The Bible says: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
2. The penalty is death. Death in this context is eternal separation from God which comes after physical death.
The Bible says: For the wages of sin is death. Romans 6: 23
3. Christ paid our bill. His death on the cross was in payment of the sin-debt we ourselves owed!
The Bible says: But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
"Christ died for our sins, was buried, resurrected on the third day....He appeared to Peter, then to the twelve. After that he appeared to more than five hundred..." 1 Corinthians 15:3-6
4. He is our Door to eternal life. God the Father set up only one way to be made right with Him; that was the sacrificial payment of our penalty by his son, Jesus Christ, through his death on the Cross at Calvary.
The Bible says: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, the life, no one
comes to the father, but through me. John 14:6
5. We invite Him in to our hearts and lives through prayer and confession.
The Bible says: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in
thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Rom. 10:9 (NASB)
6. He enters into us hearts spiritually and makes a permanent covenant with us.
The Bible says: But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God,
even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12
..so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant. Heb. 7:22
7. This is a forever bargain, which He will never take away. And He wants you to know that!
The Bible says: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;
that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John. 5:13 (KFV)